Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Awkward Moments: Because I'm Old

Sometimes when I go to work, I see old people and they scare me.

It appears that once you have crossed certain age lines, you lose any regard for what people around you think. I come across rule-breakers, swearers and what I call guilt pinchers.
 
RULE-BREAKERS
These are the people who feel that rules are for everyone else, but them because they are old. I had an older woman cut my line the other day and when I attempted to "politely" correct her action she told me, "But I'm old?"

All I did was shake my head and rung-up her stuff as fast as I could. The woman behind her told me, "Hey...what are you supposed to do in that situation?"

SWEARERS
The image of sweet little old lady carrying a full arsenal of weapons comes to my mind when I think of all the dirty-mouthed little grannies running around. 

When I scanned a pair of panty swingers, the price that appeared on the screen showed up wrong. The sweet little granny before me yelled, "What the HELL is wrong with this F####ING machine?"

As I looked down at the white crochet sweater wearing tyrant, I apologized with a sweet smile. She replied, "Well I don't blame you hunny, it's not your F###ING fault. Damn company is trying to F### all of us over!"

I laughed really loud and found the correct price for her. 

GUILT PINCHERS
These are the old people that make my co-workers and I hide. They come in all helpless and guilt you into helping them do everything. We get the following types of pick-up lines all the time:

"Oh hunny I had hip surgery two-years ago and can't reach for that shirt on the table. Could you get it for me? Can you grab me a bag and carry it for me?"

"Oh can you walk me to my car and carry my bag?" (Never mind the fact that she walked into the store and through the mall by herself.)

"Your young, can you help me? You remind me of my granddaughter."

I have to admit that most guilt pinchers are women. The men tend to belong to RULE BREAKERS and SWEARERS.

I had an elderly man who was the victim of his wife's guilt pinching. She guilted him into buying the more expensive, yet smaller set of luggage. The poor guy looked at me and said, "I can never win." This is why I said, "Sometimes when I go to work, I see old people and they scare me."

No comments:

Post a Comment