Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, December 3, 2010

Panty Swingers

Child'S Swing
Why do little old ladies purchase huge panties they can swing in? You can assume a lot about a woman through her underwear. This is just the speculation of a sales associate based upon my observations over the years. 


I understand that there are women buying the wrong size panty, but you don't have to be genius to know that a size won't fit. 


Women who are 5 ft and under do not wear size 9XXL, especially in the old fashioned grandma polyester briefs. I had a customer specifically ask for the polyester brief. She comes up to me and looked so frail I wanted to help her.


"Excuse me," she smiled her slightly stained dentures, "I know this is a stupid question, but do you still carry the old fashioned shiny panties. I used to buy them here all the time."


Now I'm thinking, Hmm...shiny panties? I know she doesn't want the shiny panties I'm thinking about, so she must want the panty swinger briefs.

"Let's see if we are on the same page," I replied and guided her to the grandma section. Her eyes lit up and she went about her shopping. 

She comes back to my register with her purchase and as I lay them out to scan, I notice the size. I ask her if she was sure about the size and she checked the label. Looking up at me with a bright smile, she nodded her head.


I shrugged my shoulders and finished the transaction. I have had several customers come through my line with the same purchase and same situation. 


Why do they keep buying these huge panties and three sizes too large?

No comments:

Post a Comment