Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Awkward Moments: Doing Favors


Sometimes I find myself straddling the line between weird and normal. I like to think of these situations as my "Awkward Moments". 

I like helping the people I work with when they ask for it, but sometimes I get asked to do things that appear normal at first and then they turn downright weird.


An elder co-worker approached me in the break room and asked me if I could do her a favor. She left her glasses at home and needed to read the instructions on the back of a small box. She asked me to read the box and I accepted the task as an easy favor.


I searched for the "Directions" area and automatically began reading something similar to the following:

"Adults and children over 12 years old should take 2 tablets initially followed by 1 after every further loose bowel movement, up to a maximum of 6 tablets per day. If your diarrhea does last more than 24 hours consult your doctor." 

After reading the directions in my "read-aloud professional" voice, I looked up at her to see if she was playing some sort of joke on me. She was perfectly serious and nodded her head smiling, while thanking me at the same time. 

I walked away thinking, "Yet another awkward moment." 



2 comments:

  1. aaaah... diarrhea... never fails to put a smile on my face... XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laugh now, but at the time I was confused. Plus, I didn't want to embarrass my co-worker. I treat the awkward moments as if they are normal, but in retrospect they are crazy. Thanks for the comment ^-^

    ReplyDelete