Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jean Queen

I took a vacation in our Men's Department organizing the jeans stock room and area. When I first walked in it looked like a denim dump with jean piles stacked up the walls and around the floor. Imagine a fitting room with a long hall and rooms branching out, now remove the doors and picture not seeing the floor because it is covered in nothing but a plethora of men's jeans.

It was hot and aggravating to believe that nobody had attempted to remove brand new clothing from the floor. I wash all my newly purchased clothes and I hope many of you do the same.

As I began sorting through the piles I coordinated a system of deciphering the different colors and styles. Carpenter, skinny, regular, slim, Levi, Lee, store-brand, and moved onto colors. Blue, Dark Blue, Stonewashed, Faded, Light, and an assortment of variations within each group of colors.

I think sizing the jeans gave me an idea of how many short men shopped in our store. We had several twenty-nine lengths, which is considerably short for a man. Working in the stock room gave me an education on jeans, which has added to my assortment of nicknames within my store.

Sometimes people call me Trouble (well actually most times), others have either shortened or lengthened my first name, my boss gets a thrill out of saying my first and last name, while those who saw my stockroom adventure call me Jean Queen.

It really sucks! Who wants to grow up and be the Jean Queen? I'll take Trouble any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment