Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Two Cents

People ask for my opinion all the time.

"Isn't this cute?", "What do you think of this?", "Can I ask your opinion?", or "Give it to me straight."

I honestly warn them beforehand with, "Are you sure you want to know what I think?" because I am not a person who speaks from behind the rose-colored lens.

For instance, a woman is shopping with her husband. Meaning he's holding her purse and future purchases, while she's rummaging through all the nicely folded tables someone spent hours straightening. She stops me as I walk by and says, "Excuse me do you work here?" (A question often easily indicated by the name tag floating from my clothing.)

"Why yes ma'am I do. What can I do for you?"

"Can I ask your opinion on something?" and she holds two blouses up to her pale face. One is colored and the other is bland.

I warn her, "Do you really want to know?" She nods her head.

"Well ma'am that blouse is too bland and washes you out, you should stick with colors that compliment you."

Her husband bursts into laughter, "Well honey you asked her for her opinion and that's what she gave you." I don't think she liked my answer, but she did ask for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment