Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Courtesy Ran Away

What happened to common courtesy? Did it walk away while flicking off the world? I wonder about this because I barely see it anymore.

Before the consultants created an online survey that ponders upon our customer service skills, I followed the social graces taught to me by parents. When I make eye-contact with people I say, "Hi how ya doin?" to which many of my customers ask me "Where are you from?"

Most people greet my greetings with a warm welcome, while others are confused. So I tell them, it's a byproduct of my raising called common courtesy. It's not something retail taught me and it's not something a company training session needed to drill into me. Just plain ole common courtesy with a sprinkling of patience (which is another subject entirely).

I like offering the courtesy that my elders sewed into me because so many people are walking around without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment