Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Men Buying Panties

For some reason, a lot of men come in during the Christmas rush to buy their wives/girlfriends panties. Nothing says "I love you" better than new underwear. Now I know it seems like a very personal gift, but it is a very popular gift around the holidays.

I get old men buying their old ladies their favorite nylon swings and I get some creepy old men buying thongs for someone, hopefully a mistress. I love the embarrassed dads buying underwear for their wives, while they are with the kids shopping for mom's gift.

A guy is with his daughter and he's got some really nice lacy panties picked out with a robe, of course.

"You think your mom will like these?" he asks his teen daughter.

She looks over her current phone text message to see the panties. Rolls her eyes and says, "Omg dad like I really look through mom's underwear, eeww."

The poor guy looks over at me and shrugs his shoulders, but I could see the slight tint of red in his face.

I have a lot of guys ask me for my opinion regarding their purchases. This is where we get a little too personal and awkward for me. I tend to either use the non-committal, "It's cute" phrase or sometimes when I'm feeling like having some fun I take it to the next level.

"Ooh these are sexy!" I smile or "Wow someone sure loves animal prints." Of course it occurs under the guise of good fun, but it still feels weird to be discussing another woman's soon to be underwear.

It's a weird world I work in, but someone's gotta do it. Here's a piece of advice for men buying panties. Make sure you have the right size and style, but most importantly don't make small talk while buying the panties. It makes the salesperson just as uncomfortable and the situation becomes really awkward.

I've come across a lot of awkward situations, but that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment