Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, October 1, 2010

Resuming Where I left Off...

A lot has happened since I last blogged about retail. I'm still working at the same store, but consistently on the hunt for a brand new job.

I survived the "Back  to School" season and two walk-through visits by corporate. My store has already begun preparing for the Christmas season without waiting for Thanksgiving or Halloween. When I first saw the Christmas stuff, my stomach began feeling a little sick at the thought that summer just ended and the leaves have yet to change colors.

The mall I work in seems to be slowly on the mend from the "Great Downfall" (that's what I call the recent economic crash). There are two new stores in the mall versus the ten that closed, but many of the mall workers wearily watch for the signs of a possible closing.

Who knows what will happen in the near future? I have made some observations that may be relevant to the changes in the economy. During the last holiday season, many of my transactions were either cash or check. In the recent "Back to School" season, many of my customers also spent either cash or check. Fewer people are using credit cards, and the people who do use our store credit card will pay off the amount in cash right after using the card itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment