Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, September 21, 2012

People Are Crazy: The Noisemaker


At first I used to think it was just me. Maybe I took my job way too serious or my perspective was narrowed in on a skewed frequency. After several years, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not me. I’m not alone in my thinking.
            One day a customer comes up to me and says, “Excuse me. There’s a man walking around with a group of women and he makes strange noises when a woman walks by.”
I immediately gave her the look that said, “Hmm. I’m listening, but I don’t understand what you want me to do about it.”
“I just thought you should know,” she quickly replied before leaving the store. I was a little curious and did not have to wait any longer because I heard an odd noise as I walked by a group of people.
I turned and looked at the possible offenders. Sure enough, a man was with a group of women and I did my job.
“Hi, how you folks doing today?”
“We are just excellent! We were waiting for someone to greet us, so we decided to make noises each time a woman walked by,” a tall man with glasses spoke for the group.
“Was there anything I can do for you?”
“Nope, just wanted a greeting.” He smiled cheerily as the women giggled.
“Well just let me know if you need anything?” I decided to slowly remove myself from the presence of these strange people.
I seem to always get the special ones.

1 comment: