Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Saturday, June 23, 2012

From A Fitting Room Perspective: Women Are Slobs

From a fitting room perspective, women are slobs. Now of course not all women are slobs (those who have worked in retail, OCD members and those ladies from the old school order of respect are excluded), but I am leaning towards a strong 75% from my fitting room perspective.

In the beginning, I kept wondering if all of these nicely dressed ladies lived the life of a slob at home. How can you treat brand new stuff like that? Is my store so cheap, but no I have witnessed the same behavior in some of the higher end stores as well.

Nowadays, I no longer stare in shock at the huge pile of brand new merchandise tossed on the floor. 90% of these offenders are early twenties and under. Every now and then I have ladies hand me items with a sympathetic apology, but there are a few who have an ulterior motive for handing me the items they do not want to buy.

I often send items back to our vendors for the following reasons:

- Failed attempt to squeeze a big behind into a dress (jeans or pants) resulting in broken zippers, buttons and stitches

- Deodorant rings, cosmetic stains and baby powder stains

- Odd odors, stains and mystery marks

I read an article a while back in Glamour Magazine that reported on a study done on women trying on clothing. It said that women will try on more than 21,000 clothing items in their lifetime. 

That is garbage. I don't know how a sampling of 3,000 women is equal to represent "women" around the world. Let me specify my title statement. 

A guesstimated 75% of women (all ages) in the Northeast and Midwest shopping regions of the United States are slobs in retail fitting rooms. 


So what? Well here is a little advice. If you are a fitting room slob and need help looking for an item you really need, you will get no help. That is a nice bit of karma. 

If you are a fitting room slob and think the store workers are really nice, do I have some news for you. Those same really nice workers will forever coin you "slob" and drench their hands in hand sanitizer after touching anything you touch.


All I can say is think before you try clothing on because the consequences could cost you that perfect outfit to match those perfect accessories you have waiting at home. No one will help you and it was all because you were a slob in the fitting room.







No comments:

Post a Comment