Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Please Check Your Bag


I figured I would bang out a post, while I wait on the Theraflu to activate. 

Today I went to work thinking my cold symptoms decreased, while the eye of the illness had yet to pass over my body. I coughed my way into work and scared my co-workers to a polite distance away from my possible contagion.

Sneezing, runny nose, coughing and just plain ole miserable. Despite my illness, my patience stayed intact.

I checked-out a couple and politely waited with a smile, while they spent a good ten-minutes reviewing their huge receipt filled with two items they spent a good two hours "thinking about buying" before actually making a decision.

About a half-hour later I receive a call from the other half of my department asking me if I sold a mattress pad and thermal pants.

"Yep, it was a mattress pad and men's pajama pants." I replied. "They spent time looking over their receipt afterward, why?"

"Well the lady's on the phone and she says she doesn't have her thermal pants?"

"Uh...yeah they're in her bag where I put them on top of the mattress pad. I remember because I left the hanger on them and it was difficult getting it in the bag."

"Hold on, while I tell her."

At this point I'm thinking, "Oh great another customer accusing me of stealing their stuff."

My co-worker hops back on the phone and tells me she's gonna transfer the lady.

"Hello?"

"Yes, is this the lady that checked me out."

"Yes, you purchased the Sealy mattress pad and a pair of men's black Izod pajama pants." The left-side of my head began to pound and my head felt hot.

"Well the pants aren't in my bag and I'm very upset because my daughter had surgery and I bought the pants for her and didn't want to leave her to begin with and now I'm going to have to leave her to get the pants again."

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm pretty sure the pants are in the bag. Did you check your car? Perhaps they fell out of the bag on your way home?" The pounding in my head began to increase and I didn't feel like dealing with this stupidity.

"I already checked my car and they're not there." She got really snippy with me at this point and the tone in her voice turned ugly. "You obviously didn't put them in the bag and I didn't check my bag before I left the counter."

I'm thinking there should be a sign at our registers and doors that says "Please Check Your Bag," but that would be common sense to pay attention when buying especially when you spend ten minutes reviewing your receipt.

"Well ma'am, again I'm sure I placed everything in your bag."

"Well I don't have them here and I'm not very happy about this. This is so frustrating because I specifically bought them for my daughter and she needed them to go over her leg where she had surgery. I'm very upset."

"Hold on please." I put her on hold and called for a supervisor. The supervisor happened to be my old supervisor and I told her the situation.

After my supervisor spoke with the lady, she tells me how the woman had the gall to call me "Holiday help" and she further stated how I didn't put all of her two items in the bag. Of course my supervisor had my back and defended me, but she had to offer the woman another pair of pants as a replacement.

Ten minutes later I receive another call from the lady, she found her pants in the bag that she supposedly checked. She called to apologize for her rude behavior and asked to speak to my supervisor, so she could apologize to her.

As the Theraflu dries up my nasal passages, I remember her husband helping me place the pants in the bag that he took off the counter.

I thanked her curtly and transferred her to my supervisor. All I could think is "Please Check your Bag."

No comments:

Post a Comment