Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Friday, November 12, 2010

When I Visit Other Stores, I Turn Into A Judge

Gavel and scales















I noticed a startling characteristic about myself when I visit other stores: I turn into a judge.

I know it's hard to believe that I could become so critical of other people, but it happens every time I walk into a store. I look for customer service, willingness to help, upkeep of a store and how do the stores handle problematic situations. 


Now I don't go looking for trouble, I just like to gauge my own experiences with what I experience as a customer. I've been treated like crap as a customer, so I try not to do that people who walk into my store. 


I don't mind waiting in a line because I feel if I had the time to go to the store then I have time to wait in line. I don't mind price checks because it happens. My attempts at patience are limited though to rudeness.


I cannot abide a rude cashier especially when I did nothing to deserve such treatment. So to make them feel bad, I turn on the charm. Real sweet I smile and nod my head in sympathy for their woes. The icing on my sweet cake of charm is when I thank them for all their help. 


You can see the guilt in their eyes and it feels good. That is how I become a judge when I go to other stores and hand out my decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment