Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Returns

These days people will try and return anything. I don't know how many times people approach me with items they obviously wore and damaged, while expecting to get their money back after destroying merchandise. The guilty customer's look guilty and I indulge in their guilt by giving them the raised eyebrow look. You know the look that says, "I know what you did."

Whatever happened to the you bought it you own it rule? Did that rule runaway with common courtesy? Once a lady brought me a blanket and a pillow with what appeared to be teeth marks. Now I could be rude and ask the woman why there were teeth marks in both items, but I had to accept her return because she had a receipt and was well within the return time frame. 

Another time a guy returned jeans that he obviously wore and owned for quite some time. He did not have a receipt, but I was not going to take the item back. He requested a supervisor who promptly accepted his return under the guise of good "customer service" making me look like an idiot. Now would you accept something like these jeans on the right?

No? Well according to some unwritten customer service guideline, we are supposed to throw common sense out the door and take whatever they give us.

I can see one reason why many companies are losing money...

No comments:

Post a Comment