Pages

Things That I See & Hear & Find That Crack Me Up Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Carpool Grannies

Every weekend we get a group of grannies. One who drives, one who buys, and one who complains about everything. I rue the day that I become one of these ladies, yet it's nice to see such an enduring friendship.

It's rare to have all three be polite to me, while there are times when I wonder how some people survived without having someone take them out for their rudeness. Then again I have a penchant for charming the rude and crude people into gruff smiles.

I have a group of Portuguese grannies that I get every Saturday night. They speak mainly Portuguese with a spattering of English in the mix. I greet them with my own mix of Portuglish, "Come estcha ladies?"

They nod their heads and smile toothy grinned replies. The one who drives looks, but never buys. She always asks for discounts and coupons, while holding her purse tightly. The one who always buys has an armful of kids clothes either for her own or her shopping buddies children.

The one who complains is my favorite because she finds something wrong with everything, so I rile her up and ask "What are you buying?"

She puffs up her little bird chest and points her finger at me, "Zhou think zhou funny, eh?" I laugh it off and give her my biggest smile. She huffs, turns her head, and out of the corner of her eye she smirks a brief smile.

Every Saturday they come, my carpool grannies, looking to start trouble and give me some entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment